Hello and welcome to a review of setting up a connection between TicketSpice, Salesforce, and Zapier.
Automatically sending information from TicketSpice to Salesforce creates a system to help you save time and scale your business.
To get started you will need:
1. TicketSpice account with a completed and published page.
2. Salesforce Account.
3. Zapier account with both TicketSpice and Salesforce connected.
If you need to connect your TicketSpice and Salesforce account, you can do this by clicking on the My Apps option on the left.
Let’s start with creating a Zap.
On the left side click on the big 'Create A Zap' button.
On the trigger/app event menu, type in TicketSpice into the Search Bar and select the option.
Trigger Event: TicketSpice has 3 trigger events: new order, new ticket, and new donation.
- New Order: Lists the available financial information such as billing details, transaction reference, order number, and check-out total. Will also list ticket count in order and merchandise information.
- New Ticket: Lists questions asked for each ticket, billing info, transaction info, and merchandise info.
- New Donation: Will list donation information fields, donation amount, date, were fees covered, how much were the fees, is it a recurring donation, and the recurring date. Registration information and billing are also included.
Next we will choose the account. If you already have your linked TicketSpice page you will find it in the drop-down menu to choose from. If you need to add a new account that can be done by clicking on the 'Manage Connected Accounts' just above the drop-down menu.
Set Up Trigger. Choose campaigns will give you an active list of your pages in your TicketSpice account. If you do not see the campaign double-check that the page is published. If it is click the 'Refresh Fields' button just below the drop-down menu.
Test Trigger: The Test Trigger will not list all the fields that are available to Field Map. Wait until you are choosing your Actions to view all available data fields to map to Salesforce.
Creating the Action within Salesforce
An Action is an event a Zap performs after it starts.
Choose which software your TicketSpice data will be sent to under the Choose App & Event.
The Acton Event will be the task that is performed. These are unique to each software platform.
Set Up Action is where your creativity can be put on display. The title sections you are seeing are from Salesforce.
- When you click in the search section you are selecting the RegFox field that will be the data point to match to MailChimp.
- Pro Tip: You can click into the search bar and type in the name of the field you are looking for.
Once you have everything filled out, click Continue.
Test data will be sent over to your Salesforce account to confirm the connection.
Depending on what Zapier plan you are on, data can take as long as 15 minutes to send or as little as 1 minute.
- While the Free plan may work for most people, keep in mind that 100 tasks per month are the limit. If you plan on having more than 100 registrants a month, the Starter Paid Plan will be necessary.
-Zapier Plans Link
You have completed the Zap setup. Congratulations on being awesome!
2. Currently, TicketSpice can only send the billing address through Zapier. If you are wanting to update records with the registration address please refer to the following Salesforce help article.
- TicketSpice Export Help Article
3. I can't find my TicketSpice account when trying to link it to Zapier?
- Add the email you signed up with Zapier as a user to your TicketSpice Account.